Our Bribery and Corruption Policy
At MEIT, we are committed to conducting our business with integrity and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We recognize that bribery and corruption are serious offenses that undermine the trust of our stakeholders and damage our reputation. Therefore, we have implemented this bribery and corruption policy to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior in all our operations.
Definition of Bribery and Corruption
Bribery is the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of anything of value to influence the actions of an individual in a position of trust or authority. It can include money, gifts, favors, or other inducements.
Corruption is the abuse of power or influence for personal gain or the gain of others. It can include fraud, embezzlement, extortion, money laundering, and other illegal activities.
MEIT prohibits all forms of bribery and corruption, whether committed directly or indirectly, by or against any individual or organization. This policy applies to all employees, contractors, agents, and third parties acting on behalf of MEIT, wherever we operate.
MEIT prohibits the following conduct:
- Offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting anything of value to influence business decisions or gain an unfair advantage.
- Making or accepting payments, gifts, or favors that are not reasonable or customary for a business relationship.
- Providing or receiving kickbacks or commissions for favorable treatment.
- Falsifying records or accounts to conceal bribery or corruption.
- Using intermediaries, consultants, or agents to pay bribes or influence business decisions.
- Engaging in any other conduct that violates applicable laws and regulations related to bribery and corruption.
All employees, contractors, agents, and third parties acting on behalf of MEIT must report any suspected or actual bribery or corruption to their supervisor or the designated compliance officer. MEIT prohibits retaliation against anyone who makes a good faith report of suspected or actual bribery or corruption.
MEIT takes all allegations of bribery and corruption seriously and will investigate them promptly and thoroughly. Any employee, contractor, agent, or third party acting on behalf of MEIT who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or contract. In addition, MEIT may report any violations to the appropriate authorities, which may result in criminal and civil penalties.
MEIT is committed to conducting business with integrity and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to bribery and corruption. This policy is intended to provide guidance to all employees, contractors, agents, and third parties acting on behalf of MEIT to prevent, detect, and report any suspected or actual bribery or corruption.